Thursday 19 August 2010

The Future of Runcast.TV

To all fellow runners and members of Runcast.TV, I'am writing this blog post to warn members of  www.Runcast.TV, that the site potentially may be closing in the next few days. This is because of changes to how Ning supports networks like Runcast.TV and as of this Friday Ning will be discontinuing its previous Premium and Free network plans and changing over to a new Premium only plan.

 To put people in the picture, although I own the domain and helped build and foster the community, I never actually owned the site (it was effectively rented space) and although we are currently a premium network I am not responsible or in control of the site and cant make the shift onto a new plan without full cooperation from my partner in the project. As you may already know back when we started the site in 2008 I never set up the network, it was instead set up by a third party friend of mine, on my behalf. The person who did this is classed by Ning as the creator and you may have seen Renato’s name on the site. Unfortunately due to my own circumstances and Renato’s busy schedule we have fallen out of contact and I haven’t been able to get confirmation with him with regards to what will be happening to the site when the changes happen. I had previously tried to take over as creator a few months ago to avoid this situation, but Ning wouldn’t let this happen and therefore all control for the site still remains with Renato.

 Hopefully I can make contact with him before anything happens, but if not and the site does shut down then we will use the opportunity to rebuild a bigger and better site. If this is the end of the site as we know it, can I take this time to thank all members for making this the largest and therefore best dedicated Running Video site on the web. May I personally thank all those who have contributed to the site and in doing so provided inspiration to so many other runners from all over the world.

 I promise I will use this page to keep in touch.

 Yours Runningly

 Phil

 P.S This is not the end it just a mile marker on route to our final finish line.
P.P.S Should we need to relocate, I will contact all current members via email to invite you to our new site once it is established. 

 If you need to contact me please feel free to do so on either via comments or via twitter @solshadow

Posted via email from shadowcast posterous

blog comments powered by Disqus

Followers