Saturday 20 February 2010

Photos from my Antarctic Marathon

These are some of the photos from my Antarctic Marathon which (I ran 13/02/10). I successfully completed it in 4 hours and 53 mins and I can quite honestly say it was the hardest thing I have ever done. At the same time it is the most rewarding and satisfying thing I have ever done and I have gained a lot of inner personal strength from the experience and a strong desire to push onwards and further. I think I need to now get out and find somewhere hot, the South Africans on base have suggested Comrades for 2011, personally I quite fancy Bad-water...see how it goes (maybe both) ...for now I need to rest :-) Before I go I would like to say thanks to everyone who sponsored myself on the Marathon and the guys doing the 10k run, so far we have managed to raise over 1600 pounds which is awesome and made the whole thing that little bit more rewarding.

Posted via email from Adventures in Runderland

blog comments powered by Disqus

Followers