Monday 31 May 2010

Got Shingles and how Posterous saved the day!

Photo: Georgetown Hospital, Ascension Island

I've got shingles!!! For the last two weeks I've been plagued by a patch of blisters that I had thought were bites. (You may have seen my previous posts!) However thank to the power of Posterous the photos of my rash where sent to all my different outlets and deposit areas of the web, and my incorrect diagnosis was quickly corrected. Before long I had a stack of comments all supporting the diagnosis and comparing symptoms. Advice was aplenty, almost overflowing and most of it was advising me to get to the doctors and hence how I was persuaded to go to Georgetown Hospital. When I got there apart from being impressed by its colonial look I was also taken back by how quickly the doctor knew what it was....if only I had been quicker to go get my "Bites" checked out sooner....I may have had some better nights of sleep in the last few weeks. So I guess the lesson I've learnt is that the power of a social network goes beyond all that we already think we know!... the more ways we find to interact, the more we give up to it... the more it reveals and teaches us and gives back in return. As I get better, I want to thanks those who took the time to offer their opinions and help point me in the right direction... Thank You :-)
Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device

Posted via email from shadowcast posterous

blog comments powered by Disqus

Followers