Sunday 24 January 2010

Space the final frontier!

Construction involves change and sometimes to make these changes we have to do things that take us out of our comfort zone into the unknown...taking us beyond what we consider to be our everyday reality! As the build of the new base takes shape (behind me in the photo the main module is being put together), I take a moment to reflect what happening and consider my next move, life after Antarctica. What next? maybe I could go into space to be part of a space station build on some far of distant planet. As this vision of my future begins to engulf me, I stop and remember the words of C.S.Lewis... "Let's pray that the human race never escapes Earth to spread its iniquity elsewhere" With that I land back on the ice with a thump and my thoughts return to things closer to home not here but home, back in the UK ...it won't be long now and I will be back in a world a little bit more familiar:-)

Posted via email from shadowcast posterous

blog comments powered by Disqus

Followers