Saturday 30 January 2010

Im Snowshadow and I have delusions of grandeur

Its been two weeks since I ran 18 miles and tonight I will try and run 21 miles, also last Sunday I managed to run 12 miles and I think I may be also developing a delusions of grandeur. The reason for this is that since embarking on my longer endeavors within the alien splendor that is the Brunt Ice Shelf, I have started to understand that its not the environment that I am trying to overcome its me...the landscape is only as difficult as my ability and therefore as I am the environment ...I'm the rocking and rolling of the snow surface, I'm the variable surfaces fluctuating between soft and hard, I'm the wind in my face and the hanging fog, I'm my own personal Antarctica...I'm Snowshadow!

See you in 21 miles :-)

Posted via email from Adventures in Runderland

blog comments powered by Disqus

Followers