Saturday 20 October 2012

Blackberry saved the day when i was in Antarctica, still got a lot of love for them!

 

Halley_1
Playing around on my Blackbery Playbook (which was a gift from my dad), just discoverd that I can load the Posrerous web interface and upload a picture from my picture directory, just like it would be if I was on my Mac.I know that currently the jurys out on Blackberry, but this is really cool and I cant fault them. This is not the first time I've been impressed by their versatility as me and BlackBerry have history.

I think back to when my Macbook hard drive froze up in Antarctica and as a consequence it effectively bricked my iphone as I couldn't connect it to anything with out loosing my content. All I wanted to do was change some music, upload some stuff of my external harddrive, stuff I'd bought of Apple, but because of their rules I couldn't.  Since then I haven't spent another penny on music or movies from itunes and I intend to keep it that way. 

In stepped my BlackBerry Bold...up until then it had been just a work phone. But in my time of need it allowed me to listen to music, watch movies and all the stuff I planned to do with my iphone. No fuss...it just got on with the job...drag and drop. I think I probably would have gone mental if it wasn't for that phone...don't forget..i had no laptop and was completly reliant on the charity of others when it came to using a computer.

Since then I've returned home...ditched the iphone and I've moved onto Android..which is alright. The operating system allows you to do lots of really cool stuff but it does seem to be a bit random at times..i do like it though, but yet to me BlackBerry is like that slightly awkward freind who you quite like, but who lingers a bit too long sometimes just in sight, until it becomes annoying cause they are not making any effort to engage with anyone so you go over and you stop and chat and you remember that this person is actually alright. Its the same way with BlackBerry you just have to ignore the negative press, the stuff they make is actually not that bad, in fact I would go as far to say that my BlackBerry experiences have been the best of both Apple and Android (if you have ever experienced using their tactile qwerty keypads iam sure you will agree that they are such a better interface than anything else on the market). My only real gripe is I just wish they had more developers on board and the application weren't so expensive. 

 

All that said I do hope they linger for a while longer as I now realise I do enjoy my little stop and chats with my slightly awkward friends. 

Posted via email from shadowcast posterous

blog comments powered by Disqus

Followers