Sunday 10 April 2011

Escape 01: Ascension Island

Img_0028

Welcome to to "The Escaped Podcast" A podcast for Vagabonds, Tech-nomads, Runaways and anyone else who has broken free and are running wild.

This was essentially meant to be my Running podcast but I was a bit shy of talking and also have a love of electronic music which i wanted to be the backbone to my podcast. I have therefore opted for a podcast that focuses on my music as something to listen too whilst out on your runs. Giving you a tempo to get in tune with. It will be a monthly podcasts with a mix posted to SoundCloud and also uploaded here for download. I will also be posting the occasional spoken audio podcast to supplement the mixes but these wont be posted to Sound Cloud only here on Posterous.

 <span>The Ascension Mix by Solshadow</span> 

This first mix which Ive posted I recorded with a friend of mine (Jake) whilst we were working on Ascension island in the South Atlantic (somewhere mid way between Brazil and Africa) mid last summer. It was originally recorded to send to a friend for him to use in a podcast but I didn't like the start. The quality sounded really bad and the overall mix is quite dark and foreboding. Since then I've re-listened to it and grown to like it, after all its a moment in time that I can never change but always try to better, i've posted it hear to motivate myself to do exactly that and try and post a mix that is better some time soon,will also dig out a track list.

 

The main purpose for me posting this is really to act as a prelude for things to come and get things started, in the future i will be focusing on Places ive been too and trying to capture some of the mood and Atmosphere of these place in the mix...the next one i have planned is going to be Brilliant as it will be focussed on Antarctica as a place to escape too, until then  I hope you like this one and any comments will be appreciated. 

You can download this from the link below or from SoundCloud or by using one of those fancy RSS type feed which at the moment I have no idea how they work but its my next job to find out.

Escape01.mp3 Listen on Posterous

Posted via email from escaped

blog comments powered by Disqus

Followers