Tuesday 14 September 2010

Runcast.TV a New Dawn!

A few weeks back I posted a blog post and sent a message regarding the future of the Runcast.TV and the potential closure of the site. I have since been informed that very soon Ning will be pulling the plug on the site. At this point I don’t know what that means but we will either see the whole site will disappear or it will remain but with restricted privileges. Whatever happens I have decided that to stay with Ning would be a bad thing and therefore I haven’t pursued Renato to try and keep the site on the network.

Before I continue I'd like to make it clear that Renato and myself are still friends and I would like to personally thank him for making this site possible and giving us all the possibility to share videos with like minded runners. Renato I owe you, and on behalf of everyone we are very grateful for what you made happen. :-)

Secondly can I say thank you to everyone who contributed to the site and made it the place it was, there are so many people who supported it and contributed to it, either through videos or through viewing the site and creating the audience.

In particular I would especially like to say thank you to those who made a extra special contribution Steve Runner, Carlos “The Jackal”, Dave and Gene, Chris Russell, Charles White, Steve Chopper, Toni Harvey, Dave Powel, Nik and Dan, ZenRunner, Nigel Runner, Duff Runner, Eddie Marathon, David Colby Young, Martin Weiner, Darzo, Nathan Bunting, Resurrected Runner, Mark, Gary,Paul, Krister, Harry...the list goes on and my apologies that I’ve missed so many but you know who you are and if ive missed you its not personal - I have a 2000 word limit on this mail L

Can I also thank all those who offered support in response to my last email, it was really appreciated and made me determined that this wouldn’t be the end of the site.

In particular I would like to thank one particular person who has come to the rescue in a manner that is beyond my wildest expectations. That person is Ben from Buckeye Outdoors and I am very pleased to announce that with his help we will be rolling out an all new Runcast.TV within the next few weeks. It will be entirely new sites that will be keeping the raw essence of the original. But behind the scenes it will integrated so perfectly with the Buckeye platform it will take Runcast.TV to the next level, just watch this space its very exciting.

Anyhow for now the site is closing, in the next few days the domain will be hosted at an under construction page (blog) and I will keep everyone posted on the progress and on the details of what’s happening, in the meantime thanks again and I hope you will join us over at the new site once its ready.

Posted via email from shadowcast posterous

blog comments powered by Disqus

Followers