Wednesday 28 October 2009

Parallels

"The noise resembles the roar of heavy, distant surf. Standing on the stirring ice one can imagine it is disturbed by the breathing and tossing of a mighty giant below." Ernest Shackleton

Thanks to my pal Michael Kramer who sent me this quote via Facebook. I love  the poetic way that the explorers of old would described there endeavours. One of the things I am really looking forward to is getting access to the Polar Library on base. My plan will be to as best as I can find a quote or passage that matches my own situation at any given moment as the season unfolds. Not that I will find many quotes on Garmin watches and iPods but I am sure I will find pleanty with regards to Navigation and how the likes of Shackleton and Scott kept the mind occupied. Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device

Posted via email from shadowcast posterous

blog comments powered by Disqus

Followers