Sunday 14 June 2009

Regime

Before I last went to Antarctica I had an established regime. It was a regime that I had developed for my Triathlon that involved swimming on Sundays and Thursdays, Cycling on Wednesdays and Saturday and Running Tuesdays and Fridays.

It was perfect but then two things happened , firstly I injured my self on the trail run stage of the Xttera. (My running never recovered ). Secondly I left society for 4 months and everything, and I mean everything was erased. Therefore my regime evaporated and I have since redefined it as follows.


  • Monday: Rest from Running (Streching/Yoga Moves)

  • Tuesday: Home gym session as a warm up. 2 Mile Jog , 30 Mins @ Marathon pace followed by a quick Mile at 10K Pace, 1-2 Mile warm down. Stretches

  • Wednesday: BRICK workout: Bike ride followed by a Run at a slow 30 to 60 Min. Stretches

  • Thursday: Home gym session as a warm up. Run 30 t0 60 (Half at slow jog and half at predicted Marathon Pace) Stretches

  • Friday: Rest from Running

  • Saturday: Home gym session as a warm up. Run 30 to 50 mins with minimum 8No short 100m stride included. Stretches

  • Sunday: Long Run increasing length by 10 per week up to @ 75 to 100 % of predicted race time. Followed by a Swim. Stretches

Now the above is my ideal, training regime. Due to lack of an established habit and time constraints i struggle most of the time to achieve the above but its what Iam striving towards.

Last but not least I increase intensity for two weeks then drop down to the pre two week millage for the third week. I then drop back in where I left off but with a 10% increase.

As I train to get myself in shape the following will be the blueprint I report against, so let see how I get on.

:-)
blog comments powered by Disqus

Followers