Sunday 7 June 2009

economy of the mind

I was thinking tonight whilst on my run, something is terribly wrong, so much so that i decided to type and post this on my phone as I cooled down on my warm down walk.

As I pass through a cross-section of society, one min running past million pound homes and the next skipping over shopping trolleys on the fringe of a council estate, I had these thoughts, haunting thoughts.

I fit somewhere in the middle ground of these two worlds no way rich but I have a decent job that pays a decent wage yet from where I am, I see something is wrong. Something is wrong with a system that encourages all people to spend money they haven’t got, buying stuff they mostly don’t need, to impress people they mostly dont know let alone like (who i must add all seem to have lots more than you).

The money you do have, then gets used to pay back the money you didn’t have, at the cost of not seeing or spending any time with the people who do matter (and you do infact like).

You then find yourself clinging to a job you hate trying to make ends meet, in a society that has flipped from haveing plenty (more than you). To suddenly having nothing, but yet in having nothing people seem to still be better off than you.

You stop and look around, and when you do everyone seems to be facing the other direction. There hiding their faces, avoiding eye contact. You shout and now you see their hands over their ears , you grab someone turn them around and their face is blank..they cannot speak..they offer no help…they cast no shadow. In a whisper the wind changes direction and as it does the figures turn to dust and diapear in front of your very eyes.

You find yourself alone..you and all your stuff…thats all there is!!!

….now this is just a distorted view, a metaphor of sorts, a product of a tired runners mind. How much of this is actually representative of reality ,depends on the economy of your own mind.

I am off for a shower..see you later!

blog comments powered by Disqus

Followers