Sunday 14 August 2011

My thoughts on this clip taken during the Manchester riots last week!

Attached is a video I found on You Tube from the riots that took place in the UK last week. This clip was filmed in Manchester. I've stripped down the original soundtrack and replaced it with a track from a Plastikman album called 'Consumed' which I felt was quite fitting to the content. I ask that you watch it and then consider your own thoughts and feelings immediately after watching it. I would appreciate any comments you may have. 

What follows are my feelings on this particular video and not on the riots in general which I think are too complicated to digest here in a single blog entry.

This clip of Manchester shows kids, youngsters, the type I see whenever I leave home, all getting in on the action... "gegging in". In particular, of all the clips I've seen, the attached clip upset me. Not because it shows graphic violence or destruction but because it shows people like those I see on a daily basis, somehow they seem to be infected, like something out of a horror movie. Having watched this clip I was later in Tesco and saw the usual cluster of young lads debating which drinks would get them most wasted for their money and I couldn't look them in the face, to me these where part of the same "Zombie Nation"  that had ravaged our streets days earlier. All that separated them was their proximity to events as their mentality appeared no different from those capable of such things. To me they were guilty as where the majority of people I saw in and around town the following day. It seemed everywhere I looked I suddenly saw potential rioters, much in the same way that when I was growing up I remember my Dad had always seen potential drug dealers and burglars on every street corner regardless of any basis to form such a conclusion. 

These people have had their mentality crafted for them over the past decade within a society that has officially become both financially and morally bankrupt. Kids are bringing themselves up with no role models just each other, and fantasy realities that are being sold by those who see fit to exploit whatever misery they can uncover. These merchants of escape see society more like a farm on which they can harvest, not a place with actual people. They push their lies through the media telling them that they can have it all... "Whats that... you're not happy with your looks, have plastic surgery... what no money... here have a loan... it's like saving... but backwards"...."Need a TV... You can have just about anything you want, have it all... you deserve it".

Pandoras box was opened a long time ago and before we can close it (if thats possible) we all need to take responsibility for our own actions and work out how we can fix ourselves after years of being programmed by the great farmers in the sky. I feel these green fields of England have been abused for too long; the people are obviously mutating. All the natural goodness has been withdrawn and the crop is currently in the process of being rotated to pastures new (China, India, Brazil, Russia). We need to replenish our soils with the goodness that was once there if we want to avoid becoming part of an emerging moral wasteland. 

Posted via email from shadowcast posterous

blog comments powered by Disqus

Followers