Monday 13 December 2010

Photoblogging this Season

I've been at Halley V on the Brunt Ice Shelf in Antarctica now for just over a week and now that I have settled I thought I would do a catch up on events of the last few weeks.

 This year will/should be my last trip to Halley and therfore before I left the UK I decided that I will make a real effort to do a photo-of the experience, and hence justify all the money I spent on Cameras and editing software.
I haven't however invested anytime in learning how to use my camera, which can be seen by this team photo in which I got the timer wrong and also managed to take the photo on the wonk. Thankfully I was able to do some post production on it to make it look artistic and almost planned.

The photo was taken on our first full day in Cape Town, just before we embarked on a stroll around the Waterfront area. In the photo are five of my party of 12 who where travelling to Antarctica to join the other 90 people already on base.Thats me the hairy looking one on the far right followed to my left by Andrew Tallach then Les Jones, Jason Devoll and Rich Parker.

 An intresting fact relating to this photo is that not long after it was taken we all got Sunburnt...spooky!

Posted via email from shadowcast posterous

blog comments powered by Disqus

Followers