Wednesday 18 November 2009

Tommorow is it!

We were due to fly tonight at around 11:00pm, but due to really bad weather in Antarctica, it's been put back untill tommorow at 7:00am.

When we get to Antarctica we will be landing at Novo "The Russian Base" on a blue ice Runway. We will stay there for about 3 days whilst we sit out the next batch of bad weather, waiting for our transfer flight to come and pick us up Sunday.

With regards today I spent the morning sorting my Antarctic kit and getting it loaded onto the plane, in total I ended up being 10kg over ,something I was told by the South African Agent was "totally unbeliveable".  I just gave him that blank look and played the "lost in translation" card, which seemed to work.

In the afternoon we had a free period, which I made use of by going and having a sneek peek at the Capetown Football Stadium which will be host for the World Cup final. It is nearing completion and looks very impressive but that said they will have there work cut out if they are going to be ready for next Summer. I would say that seeing it got me very excited about the prospect of the festival of football that awaits us all next year and I do think SA will be agreat host. 

Anyway I am now back at the hotel desperately trying to charge up an aray of iPods and cameras using only one charger, at the same time trying to get an early night ready for the early start tommorow. (On both counts I am failing). 

With regards to the future, other than the odd tweets tommorow morning ,this will definately be my last blog post for about 4 days. When I do get back online I will be at the British base of Halley (my destination) and will definately post a load of catch up videos, audio & blogs etc if the computer system allows me.

Best go...See you soon!

Phil

Posted via email from shadowcast posterous

blog comments powered by Disqus

Followers